Monday, October 3, 2011

oh and this, too

i forgot to mention in the weekend post about our outing on sunday. we were strolling the neighborhood, enjoying the brisk, october air when we stumbled upon an estate sale. we have frequented many a yard sale in hopes of finding treasures, but never an estate sale.

it wasn't open yet, so we decided we would head back home, change, and drive back over. i have never had so much drive to run before in my life. if only every day i could have a reason to run. anyways, i am very sore today, thank you estate sale.
our first estate sale definitely gave me a weird feeling. we perused this huge house, digging through these strangers' stuff trying to find a bargain or two. i felt like i was intruding almost. and then i started wondering...what happened to the people who lived here? why are they selling all their stuff? are they alive??? thankfully, the craze of wanting a deal came over me and i was able to push those thoughts aside.

so, what did we get?
a sharper image ionic air filter {still in the plastic}
a 3 inch binder {50 cents}
two books for our bookshelves
and a Christmas wreath

all for $20
that's right.
a steal.

but you want to know what wasn't a steal?
that pretty coffee table that was calling my name.
too bad it was $900!!!
geeze, people.
...

what is your best yard sale/estate sale bargain?

2 comments:

Codi said...

My first estate sale wasn't too long ago - I got really overwhelmed realizing how much I 'knew' about total strangers just from their stuff/junk.
I'm diggin that coffee table too, but not for $900! I did get a skinny red belt at one for .25!

Sherry said...

awww heck....when i first saw your post i thought the coffee table was what yall got! too bad......it is a great one. I've gone to two estate sales here in the last month.... mainly just to look inside at the cool houses! That's fun too!